To apply, CLICK HERE.
Job Title: HVAC Program Manager
Position Type: Unclassified Exempt
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Dean of Career and Technical Education
This position oversees the entire HVAC program. This position reports to the Dean of Career and Technical Education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches program courses.
- Provides leadership, facilitates and completes required program accreditation and endorsements.
- Works with program faculty, department chairs and deans to schedule program specific courses and consults with other departments and programs on scheduling of shared and related courses.
- Advises and coordinates advising for students seeking a degree or credential in the program. This includes tracking students through use of degree audits or through student tracking systems or software implemented by the College or the program.
- Develops relationships with community members and appropriate partners to include institutions for transfer, possible employers, appropriate community stakeholders or organizations.
- Actively recruits students for program and approves program specific recruiting materials. Organizes and/ or participates in recruiting event, open houses, speaking engagements, etc. both on campus and in the community.
- Participates in the selection and purchasing process for program specific supplies and equipment.
- Provides program information on curriculum, advising, transfer or employment, etc. related to the program to all members of the Nunez community, including students, faculty, advisors and administrators as needed.
- Certifies students utilizing NCCER Curriculum (Levels 1-4).
- Assists students to earn an EPA Certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience:
4 years’ experience, including 2 years at the journeyman level, in installation, repair, adjustment and modification of electrical controls and electrical and pneumonic instrumentation for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, boiler systems, fire alarms, sound systems and energy management systems in a large, complex physical plant.
Minimum Educations: N/A
Preferred Qualification/Work Experience:
- HR Training
- Civil Service experience
- Knowledge of NCCER Curriculum and certification
Preferred Education (if different from Minimum): N/A
At least 40 hours a week. During time of peak times and reporting deadlines, this job may involve extended work hours. Work days during these times may include nights and weekends.
Physical/Mental Demands: Physical Requirements:
- During time of peak times and reporting deadlines, this job may involve extended work hours. Work days during this time may include nights and weekends.
- Ability to be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Ability to perform the following activities minimally up to 10% of the time, Bend; climb; crawl; reach; sit; squatting/kneeling; stand; twist; walk; work above shoulder.
Pursuant to LCTCS Policy, the individuals selected for these positions will be subject to a criminal background investigation.
Open until Filled
To apply send cover letter, CV/resume, and reference contact information
By email (preferred): email@example.com (reference HVAC Program Manager in the subject line)
By fax: 504-278-6489
By mail or hand deliver: 3710 Paris Rd. Chalmette, LA 70043
Incomplete applications will not be forwarded for review.
ADA & EOE