To be considered for this position, please Apply Directly:
The University of New Orleans is seeking qualified applicants for instructors of online, compressed educational opportunities in its Innovation Academy program. Non-credit courses will emphasize acquisition and development of professional skills in high-demand career fields in the New Orleans region. This position will deliver a 6-8 week, project-based course on the principals of mobile software application development, to be delivered during the Spring 2021 academic semester.
Curricula will constantly be updated and tailored to provide students with the background, expertise, and professional practices to become competitive and advance their careers. Taught by qualified practitioners, our courses feature practical applications, underlying rationale, and current issues, all of which can be immediately utilized in and applied to students’ work environments.
The Instructor’s Contract outlines the deliverables for the course, the course schedule, and the compensation terms, subject to UNO policies and procedures. UNO makes no commitment to hire an instructor until it has sent and received a signed Instructor Contract. Should the course section an instructor plans to teach be canceled for any reason, the Instructor Contract, including rights to compensation for future section meetings, is voided. Remuneration is for classroom hours only and does not include time spent for course preparation or other events. A one-time online course development fee is available where applicable, at the discretion of UNO staff.
- Develop course syllabus in consultation with Innovation Academy staff assigned using approved syllabus template
- Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in assigned format (online until further notice)
- Employ the Moodle Learning Management System as the course delivery platform
- Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students
- Evaluate student achievement of specific learning outcomes (in courses and certificates)
- Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
- Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom
- Communicate with Innovation Academy staff in a timely manner
- Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
- Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting syllabus; posting bio and photo on the UNO website; ordering required texts.
- Use subject-matter expertise to impart knowledge to students and leverage additional resources appropriately to enhance the curriculum (i.e. make arrangements for guest speakers, etc.)
- Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
- Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
- B.S./B.A. Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent academic and professional experiences
- Current knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in subject area
- Must be committed to the highest level of academic standards and integrity
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in (or willingness to learn) the use of instructional technology and online teaching tools
- Comfort in dealing with diverse range of professionals and students
- Comfort with and/or willingness to adapt to short-form course format
- Experience designing/revising curriculum and measuring student performance
- College-level teaching experience or corporate training
Position will remain open until filled.