To be considered for this position, please Apply Directly:
In-Plant Truck Driver / Loading Operator
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking an In-Plant Truck Driver / Loading Operator to join our team in an industrial chemical plant in Geismar, LA. This position is responsible for safely driving, weighing, and spotting trailers throughout the plant. The In-Plant Truck Driver would also be cross trained on the safe and efficient loading and unloading of railcars and tank trucks with a variety of products and chemicals.
Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well and keep them safe. We know that our overall success and company growth is a combined effort, and we strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive!
No experience in this industry is required; we pay for on-the-job training. This is a regular full-time position with potential advancement opportunities. If you're looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
Work Schedule: 12-hour days (2-2-3 EOWEO schedule - rotating days/nights, weekends, and holidays)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
In-Plant Truck Driver:
- Drives, weighs, and spots trailers at different loading racks throughout the plant.
- Inspects empty trailers.
- Completes daily inspections on equipment and trailers and completes check sheets.
- Assists loading technicians as needed.
- Ensures that truck/railcar is positioned and secured at proper loading rack.
- Wears all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator equipment that may be required in a manner that ensures maximum personal safety.
- Communicates with facility supervisor on any problems as they occur.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned in order to complete the job.
- Ensures that truck / railcar is positioned and secured properly at the loading rack and checks for last product contained.
- Visually inspects the truck / railcar before transfer to ensure that it is mechanically sound and has no defective equipment.
- Wears all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment that may be required to transfer the product in a manner that ensures maximum personal safety.
- Connects loading arm / hose and transfers according to procedures using gauges and/or strapping tables.
- Checks weight before and after product transfer and ensures that outages or innages do not exceed Department of Transportation (DOT) certification for the particular vessel being loaded.
- Communicates with site leader / supervisor on any problems as they occur.
- Disconnects loading arm / hose, inspect for any leaks and complete required paperwork prior to releasing the truck / railcar.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned to complete the job.
- Valid Driver's License is required
- Valid TWIC is required
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English.
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.