To apply, CLICK HERE.
Lapeyre Stair is seeking an Industrial Painter/Finisher at it's Waggaman location. Applicant must have experience in applying industrial coatings and must have skills in preparing metal for liquid paint coating and the polishing stainless steel and aluminum. Knowledge of powder coating is also preferred. Individual must be able to prepare and maintain paint systems and spray booths.
Lapeyre Stair constructs precision built metal stair systems using a state-of-the-art engineering and manufacturing system. The Lapeyre Stair product line includes Alternating Tread stairs, Steel Egress stairs (welded and bolted) as well as crossover systems, exit and intermediate platforms, and safety gates. Lapeyre Stair is one of four operating divisions of Laitram, L.L.C. and offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet growing company in the private sector. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our company page.
- Assists with selecting coating systems and equipment.
- Ensuring that:
- Material, equipment other specifications are understood and followed.
- Metal surface preparation procedures for painting are followed.
- Stainless steel and aluminum polishing procedures are followed.
- Industrial coatings are properly prepared and applied.
- Proper start up, use, and shut procedures of painting equipment.
- Analytically skilled in testing paint for proper viscosity.
- Ability to apply correct paint millage to metal surfaces.
- Ability to operate or learn powder coating systems.
- Ensure that materials are properly stocked, stored, and disposed of.
- Comply with all OSHA policies and procedures during the course of your work
- High School diploma or G.E.D required.
- Ability to be self-managed and team oriented.
- Direct, instruct, and teach skills to others
- Ensure that quality is maintained
- Experienced in using grinding, sanding, and finishing tools.
- Dependable person able to work a full time schedule as required.
- Works safely and understands the proper use of safety equipment when painting.
- Must be able to perform the essential job requirements identified in the Functional Job description for this position, including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Experience operating spray systems.