To apply, CLICK HERE.
Responsible for the successful overall development, installation, operation and maintenance of all management information systems on property, including computers, software, and telecommunication. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing computer system. Plan and performs upgrades to hardware, software and deployment of new hardware and software technologies in compliance with internal controls, policies, and standards.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Directs the day‐to‐day operations of the IT Department.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels in the IT Department, by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling,
- evaluating, promoting, disciplining, and terminating staff.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates departmental performance, working with IT team, to take the appropriate steps
- necessary to resolve unsatisfactory results or conditions.
- Delegates responsibility and authority to appropriate IT team members regarding various aspects of systems
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by organizing and presiding over regularly
- scheduled meetings with IT team members.
- Approves purchase of systems‐related equipment and supplies, or in the alternative provides a clear explanation
- of why the request cannot be approved.
- Develops and administers departmental operating budget and controls.
- Evaluates network configuration and security, application usefulness, upgrades and improvements.
- Plans, implements, and directs departmental procedures for the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with users/departments.
- Reviews and analyzes department reports and addresses potential conflicts or issues.
- Maintains an updated knowledge of the Louisiana Community & Technical College System applicable to areas of
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communication with users and Management.
- Determines required software and hardware in conjunction with end users and their requirements.
- Provides problem‐solving support to customer users and monitors Helpdesk issues to ensure resolution in a
- timely manner.
- Ensures data integrity by keeping system security updates and rights up to date at all times.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control
- Maintains and recommends pertinent IT strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of developing technologies by reviewing professional literature and attending relevant
- training sessions, conferences, and workshops.
- Responsible for security training for Fletcher employees.
- Works flexible hours; some night and weekend work required for special projects and upgrades.
- Ensures IT team provides quality service.
- Supports the mission, vision, goals, and cultural values of Fletcher.
- Performs related duties and projects as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: System Administrator and Helpdesk Engineer
- Qualifications: Bachelors Degree with a concentration in electronics, telecommunications, computer science or networking with a minimum of five years professional work experience in network or computer technology is required. One year of experience coordinating the administrative functions of a department is required. An Associate’s degree with five years experience may substitute for the Bachelors Degree. Candidate must possess troubleshooting and problem solving skills, have the ability to work independently, and good oral communication skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting in a desktop computing environment including but not limited to hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Experience in resolving network and server problems related to Wi-Fi devices, workstations, servers, switches, routers, and uninterruptable power supplies. Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008/2012, Win XP-Win 10, Microsoft Office, HP printers, and Dell workstations.
- Experience with Cisco systems.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Reports To: Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration
Qualified applicants should submit Resume, Employment Application, and Transcript(s) to:
- Fletcher Technical Community College Human Resources
1407 Highway 311 Schriever, LA 70395
- Application Instructions can also be located at www.fletcher.edu under Employment.