To apply, CLICK HERE.
Lapeyre Stair, L.L.C. Quality Department has an opening for a Quality Assurance Technician. Some overtime and weekend work may be required as needed.
Lapeyre Stair is part of the Laitram family of companies. Laitram, L.L.C, a global company, offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet growing company in the private sector. We offer opportunities for continuous improvement, and career advancement. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our Careers website.
- Accurately and consistently measures parts and assemblies throughout the production process.
- Supports Production Manager with production functions.
- Ensures quality assurance sampling plans are followed.
- Able to recognize weld quality defects.
- Able to recognize finish quality defects, especially powder coated products.
- Able to monitor production methods for opportunities to reduce the percentage of defective parts produced.
- Makes consistent and principle-based decisions on inspection data and quality standards.
- Documents and maintains all quality databases, drawings and parts libraries.
- Effectively communicates all relevant quality information through email, graphics, and personal interfaces.
- Dispositions parts placed on hold following current processes and correctly records supporting details.
- Supports quality projects as dictated by the manufacturing business plan.
- Audits processes and procedures in the operating units and supply chain as required.
- Accurately and consistently measures parts in support of new product release.
- Maintains equipment calibration and calibration logs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years prior work experience in a quality controls position.
- Experience in development and implementation of corrective actions
- Ability to read and interpret liquid paint specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret construction prints and material specifications
- Passion for learning and growth with a demonstrated record of self-management.
- Strong attention to detail with a quality-oriented mindset.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Proficiency in standard software packages (MS Office, Excel, etc.)
- Works well as a team player; cooperates with others.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to make and communicate consistent and logical decisions in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to perform the essential job requirements identified in the Functional Job Description for this position, including the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- ASQ certification
- NACE certification
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior welding, fabrication, and powder coating experience preferred