Grass Master is looking to hire a a to join our team in Baton Rouge, LA!
The Landscape Maintenance Area Manager is a leadership position responsible for the turf and landscape maintenance care of commercial properties among his/her area by planning, directing, and coordinating the operations of the turf maintenance fleet
***In the beginning, this position will be based in Ponchatoula, LA. Upon opening the Baton Rouge office, this position will begin report daily to the new location which is the long term base for this role. ***
Duties and responsibilities consist of but are not limited to:
- Clearly communicate the branch’s annual and long-term goals to those supervised, motivate them in an acceptable fashion to “exceed our expectations”, and monitor progress towards these objectives through timely formal reviews and regular informal evaluations.
- Maintain a constant recruiting effort to address personnel needs.
- Develop a clear understanding of the hourly and costs budgets for each of your jobs. Monitor by reviewing job costs regularly and acting as needed. Communicate job cost information to field managers on a regular basis to control hours and costs.
- Monitor the quality of our service through bi-weekly jobsite visits. Evaluate site performance by completing one field report/inspection report per month.
- Participate in branch meetings and assist the Production Manager lining out the outlook and projection reports.
- Hold employees accountable for their actions, and ensure they are representing Grass Master in a professional and respectful way.
- Plan and schedule field operations to exceed client expectations.
- Demonstrate ability and two years of experience managing other on the product level, including recruiting and hiring, performance evaluation, and training and development.
- Knowledge of all associated machinery and trucks involved in a landscape management branch.
- Experienced with, and basic knowledge of, computer operation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 3 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within and organization.
Valid driver’s license required (Class D preferred)
Competitive Pay, health/dental/vision benefits, voluntary life, disability, accident policy, holidays, vacation and more.
Grass Master is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact email@example.com .
EEO is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm