To apply, CLICK HERE.
This position is a part of the Wood Products business working in the Gulf-South MFG Region at the Holden, Louisiana location. This is a Full Time, Non-Exempt (for US) position. Relocation benefits are available for this and subsequent positions. This role will report to the Southern Lumber Engineering Leader.
Entry level leadership developmental position. Working under close guidance with assigned mentors, this individual will be accountable for growing and strengthening their leadership skills and general understanding of engineering and project management of a lumber mill and associated roles of engineering projects, through a detailed 12-month development plan including hands-on learning, project roles, and successful completion of project assignments.
The successful individual will be assigned to the next role once development is successfully completed and a suitable assignment is identified that meets business needs.
- Develop safety leadership skills
- Structured 12-month rotation through all engineering and project management roles
- Project, Safety, Construction, Scheduling, Receiving, Document Control, Commissioning, Reliability and Maintainability
- Projects and assignments to promote active learning and contribute to project’s successful performance
- Exposure to metrics, reliability, and process improvement projects
- Broad exposure to Mill, Timberlands, Raw Materials, Sales and Finance
- Develop Project Leader skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, forestry, engineering, or related discipline
- Willingness to adapt to strong safety culture and ensure safe and efficient execution of work
- Ability to exercise good judgment in setting priorities and follow-through in a fast-paced result – oriented environment
- Strong desire to learn project processes, develop leadership capabilities and possess desire to progress in organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite and other windows-based programs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience/knowledge project management
- Capability to prioritize work activities, assignments, demands and flexibility to adapt to changes
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborative teaming
- Courage to challenge status quo and deliver results
- Excellent work ethic, strong time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to relocate outside of the region for position opportunities and/or cross-business development
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.