Apply here: https://psc.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2xkaa5su3ll?jobtitle=&js_52916=LA&js_209074=&js_103237=&apply_filters=1/c4ai
Do you have mechanical experience working on locomotive or diesel engines? If so, consider joining our Locomotive Repair group. As a Petroleum Service Corporation full-time employee, we provide a competitive benefits package along with the opportunity to join a family-oriented team. If you're looking for a company that appreciates and recognizes that employees are our asset, then consider joining the PSC family today!
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (Must be available for flexible hours with periodic weekends and overtime.)
Pay Range: $24.00 / hr. - $26.00 / hr.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain locomotives to FRA standards.
- Utilize EMD locomotive systems.
- Implement and sustain locomotive inspection and preventative maintenance program in the field at various customer locations.
- Ability to use and maintain electronic work order/maintenance tracking system.
- Coordinates, schedules, and performs routine maintenance on equipment and logs pertinent information.
- Assist operations personnel as needed with locomotive issues.
- Troubleshoot and repair locomotive mechanical/electrical issues
- Ability to diagnose problems in a timely manner and determine if it can be fixed with internal resources or referred to a third party provider with special skills and/or equipment
- Coordinates and assist with third party locomotive maintenance contractors as needed.
- Must be familiar with and comfortable working around high voltage and rotating equipment
- Proven trouble shooting skills for mechanical and electrical systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of EMD locomotives is preferred.
- Display good organization and communications skills.
- Must possess a valid TWIC card and driver's license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk 3-10 miles per day
- Stand 4-8 hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Support oneself on a ladder with two feet and one arm extended for up to five minutes
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.