To apply, CLICK HERE.
Laitram Machine Shop is seeking a supervisor for the Lathe Department. Laitram, LLC, is a global manufacturing company that has been part of the Louisiana business landscape for more than 50 years. Laitram employs over 2,400 people worldwide across four operating divisions – Intralox LLC, Laitram Machinery, Inc., Lapeyre Stair, Inc., and Laitram Machine Shop LLC. Laitram has been recognized for innovation and workplace excellence, including the New Orleans City Business “Best Place to Work” award. For more information, visit www.laitram.com.
Laitram Machine Shop provides cost effective, zero-defect inventory parts and components, while supporting new product development through technical expertise and rapid turnaround. As a team member in our innovative company, the supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the department’s day-to-day operations, including managing priorities, resources, equipment, and personnel effectively and efficiently with the goal of operational excellence. The supervisor will be passionate about individual and team development while consistently meeting customer expectations for delivery, quality, and value. The individual will offer creative solutions to challenges, opportunities, and rapidly changing priorities, with the ability to focus on future planning and project collaboration. The supervisor ensures that the Laitram Business Philosophy and Continuous Improvement Program are implemented throughout the department.
- Supervise 8-10 Lathe Department employees across two shifts.
- Coordinate all aspects of lathe and mill turn operations.
- Monitor the performance of the Lathe Department.
- Analyze work flow and priorities, identify constraints, and develop informed options to meet customer expectations and increase overall productivity.
- Confirm all safety and quality procedures are followed.
- Build an effective team by supporting employee development and fostering teamwork and communication between individuals, teams, and departments.
- Provide timely, specific feedback to employees, including formal biannual performance reviews and annual performance improvement planning in line with the Laitram Continuous Improvement timeline.
- Identify opportunities and lead projects that improve processes and machining capabilities striving for operational excellence and a highly efficient use of available resources.
- Undergraduate degree or significant comparable experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a production environment
- Strong supervisory and organizational skills with proven success developing and executing key initiatives
- Demonstrated success with structured approach to problem solving
- Solid computer skills
- Experience in the execution of LEAN concepts
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or comparable
- Supervision in a machine shop or metal fabrication environment
- Experience with Lathes and Mill Turns (manual and CNC)
- Experience with Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing software (e.g., Solidworks, MasterCAM)