To apply, CLICK HERE.
Laitram Machine Shop, L.L.C., a division of Laitram, L.L.C., and a supplier of quality, high precision components has a position available for an Entry Level Machinist. This individual will be involved with the machining of a variety of materials to produce parts that meet dimensional and workmanship standards per Laitram Machine Shop's Quality Management System.
Laitram Machine Shop, provides high-value machining and related services to the Laitram divisions and select outside customers. Laitram Machine Shop is one of four operating divisions of Laitram, L.L.C. and offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet growing company in the private sector. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our company page.
- Load stock into work holding devices and monitors the machining process. Performs visual and physical inspection of parts produced per Laitram Machine Shop Quality Management System.
- Performs accurate transactions (clock on, clock off, entering quantities, closing out operation when done, filling in appropriate paperwork).
- Cleans equipment used and keeps work area clean/organized.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Self-managed. Will consistently do what you’re supposed to do and won’t do what you’re not supposed to do.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, working with fractions).
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Has a stable work history.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Is flexible and responsive to changing demands.
- Possess strong communication skills
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to meet the functional requirements of the job including the ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend/lean over and lift 50 pounds
- Previous machining experience and/or vocational training.
- Blueprint readings skills.
- Experience using micrometers, calipers and other inspection equipment.