To apply, CLICK HERE.
Maintenance Manager - Wood Products (HGAS)
Dodson, Louisiana area.
The Maintenance Manager works under the direct supervision of the Plant Manager and assists in the completion of the day to day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, production equipment and machinery, including, but not limited to HVAC, lighting systems, plant machinery and production lines, grounds keeping, security, and overall facility appearance. This position supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain the building/facility, and production equipment and machinery in the plant. This position plays a key role with in ensuring that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are implemented.
Maintenance Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product while minimizing overtime and call-in hours in accordance with Mission Statement, goals and objectives, and KEY Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Maintenance Manager develops and maintains a preventative maintenance program for applicable machinery and equipment, and the building and grounds within the confines of an annual budget, and tracks maintenance downtime. Develops and/or works with Continuous Improvement (CI) Managers and Teams where applicable.
• Arranges for, coordinates, and manages appropriate third-party contractor support as needed. Will work with Plant Manager, Engineering and Logistics personnel as needed.
• Maintenance Manager prepares Maintenance budget and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed.
• Keeps up on technological changes relative to KPIs for SQDCI, and maintains up-to-date records for all local, state and federal mandates and inspections.
• Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices, which may include hazardous waste disposal programs. Plays key role on internal plant Safety Teams.
• Maintenance Manager prepares and maintains maintenance reports for the Plant Manager and other appropriate managerial personnel. Makes recommendations where applicable.
• Works with other plant managerial personnel to effectively maintain existing plant facilities and equipment, replaces, and/or makes recommendations and adjustments to plant facilities and equipment to the Plant Manager when necessary in accordance with SQDCI, TPS, and CI initiatives and activities.
• Maintenance Manager provides training for new and existing employees as directed by the Plant Manager.
• May conduct performance evaluations of subordinates and make recommendations for salary adjustments to the Plant Manager in accordance with Plant and Corporate Policies and Procedures, consistent with KPIs.
• Assists in the selection of new hires, employee coaching and disciplinary issues.
• Maintenance Manager may perform other or specified duties as directed by the Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Manager, Production Manager, or other appropriate supervisory personnel.
Qualifications:Maintenance Manager Qualifications:
• College degree in a related field and five (5) to ten (10) years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the window and door industry desired.
• An equivalent combination of education/trade schooling, certifications, and experience may be substituted for a college degree at the discretion of management.
• Previous supervisory experience is preferred for this position.
• Maintenance Manager should possess knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical, machine repair and maintenance, plant layout, safety, painting and janitorial experience required.
• Familiarity with associated hand/power tools in the disciplines above required.
• Maintenance Manager should have strong knowledge of plant/OSHA health and safety standards and compliance, and a fundamental understanding of applicable governmental regulations.
• Solid understanding of buildings and grounds security protocols.
• Advanced knowledge of maintenance programs as they relate to plant and corporate KPIs, inclusive of SQDCI, TPS, and Continuous Improvement activities and initiatives.
• Maintenance Manager should possess a fundamental understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts.
• Basic knowledge of human resource principles and practices and how they relate to motivating subordinates in accordance with corporate goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of door and window production machines, tools and maintenance, and how they relate to plant production and maintenance goals and objectives.
• Maintenance Manager should have strong verbal and written communication skills required up and down the organizational hierarchy to include other departments.
• Sound technical, leadership, teamwork, decision making, problem solving, and organizational skills required for this position.
• Maintenance Manager must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and work effectively as a team player throughout the plant with individuals and various plant teams.
• Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and position applicable software applications.
• Travel is primarily local during the business day. May on occasion travel to appropriate seminars and training.