To apply, CLICK HERE.
Our Dodson, LA lumber mill has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Supervisor. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position that reports to the Maintenance Superintendent.
Our mill produces high-quality Southern Yellow Pine lumber used for residential construction throughout the Southern and Eastern USA. We have a reputation for manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement.
Weyerhaeuser's 19 North American lumber mills are supported by reliability-focused leadership from the Unit Manager through to the CEO - all of whom are committed to the mutual benefit of people development. The successful candidate can expect support from, and exposure to, all levels of the organization.
As the Maintenance Supervisor, you will plan and lead the daily activities of a team of millwrights, electricians and mechanics in the areas of safety, quality and maintenance for all equipment and buildings in order to meet the departmental and unit goals.
The Maintenance Supervisor will also be responsible for leading team meetings & trainings, identifying safety, environmental, quality & production issues, coordinate activities with production team to maximize productivity and minimize cost, reduce waste and taking measures to proactively address all concerns. Additionally, the Maintenance Supervisor leads the team by proactively resolving employee issues, builds teamwork, and ensures adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
The ideal candidate will exemplify Weyerhaeuser's core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion while demonstrating an ability to achieve continuously-improving results in a fast-paced environment through caring leadership and people development.
The supervisor will plan, develop, manage, and provide effective leadership for the maintenance team through:
- Working with the team to proactively identify safety issues then taking measures to address concerns
- Actively supervising and developing the maintenance team associates to ensure effective communication across & between shifts and with the production teams
- Utilizing predictive and preventive maintenance systems to reduce unscheduled downtime
- Efficient use of reliable troubleshooting methods to ensure uptime, production volume and quality goals are met
- Implementing effective training processes to build team capacity by enhancing and building the team's technical skills
- Utilization of computer-based programs to support effective prioritization of maintenance requests, manage maintenance inventory, and delegate maintenance resources
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in an industrial environment
- Work related experience in leading and ensuring compliance with safety initiatives
- Knowledgeable in the areas of hydraulics, air systems, mechanical drives, mechanical components, installation methods, troubleshooting and repair techniques and methods, welding, and basic industrial electrical
- Proven expertise in preventive and predictive maintenance methods
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching and development
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills
- Must have track record of consistently demonstrating leadership skills as well as positive influence and accomplishments in proactively influencing safety, environmental, quality, productivity, and people development
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and other Windows based programs and internet skills
- Demonstrated results in achieving and sustaining business goals
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning software such as SAP
- Wood products, pulp or paper industry experience
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.