To apply, CLICK HERE.
Weyerhaeuser is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for the Arcadia Oriented Strand Board manufacturing facility located in Simsboro, Louisiana. Arcadia is 20 minutes west of Ruston, 45 minutes west of Monroe, and an hour south of the Louisiana/Arkansas state line.
The Maintenance Supervisor is full time, exempt and reports to the Maintenance Manager. The role plans, leads and directs the daily activities of a team of millwrights, electricians, mechanics and planners in the areas of Safety, Quality and Maintenance for all equipment, buildings and rolling stock.
The Maintenance Supervisor is expected to be a role model in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core values of Integrity, Citizenship, Sustainability and Inclusion. Principles of integrity, fairness, creating a positive and inclusive work environment and ensuring open communication among leaders and associates are key to the success of this role.
Accountabilities include ensuring compliance with all applicable Weyerhaeuser, federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The role is responsible for:
- Executing maintenance activities in assigned areas, with Safety of associates and contractors being the highest priority
- Leading preventive & predictive maintenance/process reliability in assigned shift and area
- Analyzing data to ensure proper down day tasks
- Administrative and reporting activities
- Supporting the improvement of key performance indicators, continuous improvement of maintenance functions, and for department budget cost effectiveness.
- Developing and training associates including coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Participating in and/or leading initiatives for capital projects and problem-solving activities as assigned
- Assuring purchasing functions follow established policies and procedures
- Supporting, maintaining, and improving processes associated with the computerized maintenance management system for process reliability
- Facilitating team meetings & trainings with assigned team
- Identifying safety, environmental, quality & production issues
- Providing leadership for the ongoing development of the maintenance team
- Supporting training and development plans to improve skills, knowledge and team performance
- Encouraging innovation
- Leading the team by proactively resolving employee issues, builds teamwork, and ensures adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Staffing, recruiting and retaining talent
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years maintenance leadership experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Strong business leadership skills with the ability to understand and support the site's vision, strategy, goals and targets
- Experience in preventive and predictive maintenance methods
- Proven skills in hydraulics and pneumatics troubleshooting
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong mechanical knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes
- Ability to perform a root cause analysis and effectively initiate corrective/preventative actions
- Excellent team building, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work in and lead diverse teams
- Track record of consistently demonstrating collaborative and inclusive leadership skills as well as positive influence, with accomplishments in proactively influencing safety, quality, productivity and people development
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to continuously improve maintenance processes and eliminate unscheduled downtime
- Ability to plan, lead and executive day to day maintenance activities
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as conditions require
- Must be computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn and use software associated with maintenance tracking systems
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and at heights when conditions warrant
- Uploaded resume detailing work experience must be included in order to be considered for this position
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering highly preferred
- Experience in electrical and PLC programming and/or troubleshooting
- Vocational Technical training certificate
- Experience in OSB or wood products manufacturing
- Experience with LEAN processes
- Experience with SAP, Maximo or other computerized maintenance tracking software
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.