To apply, CLICK HERE.
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Marine & Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The Mechanical Engineer will perform land vehicles design, analysis, testing and production support. The individual must have a passion for vehicles and transportation systems technology, accompanied with exceptional communication skills, great attitude, be a results-oriented team player, and a great problem-solver.
- Design, develop, test and support production of Textron Marine & Land Systems’ family of land vehicles.
- Perform integration of vehicle components, subsystems and subassemblies in conjunction with new design, product improvement, field and production problem/resolution.
- Create engineering model and drawings in CAD system (SolidWorks).
- Perform engineering calculations, write specifications and formulate sketches, testing criteria, failure analysis, cost and scheduling estimates.
- Maintain the current solid model configuration consistent with current design intent.
- Provide technical support to designers, draftsmen, and test engineers for technical data package.
- Performs other responsibilities as required by management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline required.
- Three (3) years plus practical engineering experience.
- Demonstrable attention to details and multi-task skills
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral within all levels in the organization
- Self-starter with the ability to undertake work initiatives with minimal supervision
- Ability to respond to rapid changes in roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Prior DOD experience preferred but not required.
- Prior hands-on design, build, and test experience (Formula SAE, robotics teams, etc) desired but not required.
Must be knowledgeable in three or more of the following areas:
- Mechanical component and system integration and analysis.
- Mechanical powertrain system design and load analysis.
- Dynamics and statics structures design and analysis, include basic knowledge of load estimation and FEA analysis
- Electromotive components system design and integration.
- Electro-mechanical mechanism design and integration.
- Mechanical/Electronic instrumentation and data acquisition.
- Experience in engineering solid model and drawing creation, including total vehicle layout and integration of major subsystems; SolidWorks CAD experience highly desired.
- Manufacturing and production support.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.