To apply, CLICK HERE.
This is an unclassified position reporting directly to the Chief Education and Training Officer. MEPOL is part of the national non-profit Manufacturing Extension Partnership established by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). It helps small to medium-sized manufacturing businesses in Louisiana to improve competitiveness and productivity. Each year, MEPOL serves many manufacturing operations and businesses to drive outcomes that include significant sales increases, cost reductions, capital investments, jobs created or saved, process improvements and productivity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Guiding the development of and directing the day-to-day operations of MEPOL.
- Supervising professional and support staff.
- Providing leadership and support to help staff meet organizational goals.
- Understanding in detail the implications and strategies needed to meet the NIST
- MEP ScoreCard metrics.
- Identifying and evaluating the needs of small to medium-sized manufacturers and
- providing available services to meet those needs.
- Assist in building strong partnerships with industry, and private and public service
- Maintaining and supporting an effective MEPOL Industrial Advisory Board.
- Conducting strategic planning with annual updates which involve the Industrial
- Advisory Board.
- Ability to prepare annual operating plans, revisions to budget and meeting financial
- and other reporting requirements.
- Ability to thoroughly understand and process quarterly reporting requirements
- through NIST MEP.
- Assist in processing electronic survey activity for clients/staff, monitor and report
- project completions to NIST MEP.
- Understand the processes and procedures needed to work with LCTCS Finance to
- develop sub awards, third-party contracts, as well as the requirements for invoicing to MEPOL clients within the parameters of SRA relationships.
MEP Program Director 12/2020
- Serve as a resource and training advisor for internal staff on Salesforce reporting requirements as well as MEIS reporting requirements.
- Liaison in transition to eGrants for SRA implementation.
- Ensuring effective and appropriate distribution of services throughout the State
- under the guidance and mission of LCTCS.
- Developing, evaluating, and implementing a system for continuous program
- Participate in the development of MEPOL’s staff to achieve the strategic objectives
- of the center.
- Undertaking other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary to ensure
- sustainable operation of MEPOL.
- Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, engineering, business or technology field.
- 5+ years of relevant manufacturing/business experience and/or experience in a
- higher education setting (such as a community college or a four-year university).
- Experience in continuous improvement, quality, workflow optimization, operational
- efficiency, and growth services.
- Demonstrated supervisory and management skills.
- Ability to relate well with people of diverse backgrounds in a variety of business
- and industrial organizations.
- Capability of working effectively with the academic and business communities,
- private and governmental sectors, and institutions of higher education.
- Familiarity with planning and assessments to increase manufacturing productivity.
- Strong presentation, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical abilities, written and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Word). Ability to learn to operate College-specific software and applications.
- Preferential Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a scientific, engineering, business or technology field.
- 5+ years of experience with NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- program/federal requirements.
- Anticipated starting salary will be commensurate with education and work experience
- Additional Requirements:
- Proof of Education
- A valid Louisiana Driver’s License
- Proof of motor vehicle insurance
In accordance with LCTCS Policy #6:036, a criminal history check will be conducted on all new hires. LCTCS participates in the federal E-Verify system for identification and employment eligibility purposes.
Applicants for this position should submit: 1) A cover letter
2) A resume (to include date(s) of employment and date(s) educational degrees obtained).
3) The names and contact information of three work-related references.
Application materials should be sent to:
Louisiana Community and Technical College System 265 S. Foster Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
or via email to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
LCTCS is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity/equal access employer.
For more information about the Louisiana Community and Technical College System, visit www.lctcs.edu. LCTCS is in partnership with Louisiana Economic Development FastStart and Louisiana Job Connection.