Position Summary & Duties:The Electrical Maintenance Manager is a direct-hire position working for a wood products client in the Northern Louisiana area.
Electrical Maintenance Manager Job Description:
Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product while minimizing overtime and call-in hours in accordance with company Mission Statement, goals and objectives, and KEY Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Electrical Maintenance Manager develops and maintains a preventative maintenance program for applicable machinery and equipment. Develops and/or works with Continuous Improvement (CI) Managers and Teams where applicable.
• Arranges for, coordinates, and manages appropriate third-party contractor support as needed. Will work with PM, Engineering and Logistics personnel as needed. Oversees or takes the lead in the more difficult electrical maintenance activities.
• Electrical Maintenance Manager prepares electrical maintenance budget and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed.
• Keeps up on technological changes relative to KPI’s for SQDCI, and maintains up-to-date records for all local, state and federal mandates and inspections.
• Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices, which may include hazardous waste disposal programs. Plays key role on internal plant Safety Teams.
• Electrical Maintenance Manager prepares and maintains maintenance reports for the Plant Manager and other appropriate managerial personnel. Makes recommendations where applicable.
• Provides training for new and existing employees as directed by plant needs and PM.
• May conduct performance evaluations of subordinates and make recommendations for salary adjustments to the PM in accordance with Plant and Corporate Policies and Procedures, consistent with company KPI’s.
• Electrical Maintenance Manager assists in the selection of new hires, employee coaching and disciplinary issues.
• May perform other or specified duties as directed by the PM or other appropriate supervisory personnel.
• Determines nature and extent of repairs and work sequences.
• Electrical Maintenance Manager promotes safe work practices and investigates accidents.
• Coordinates the repair and maintains substation equipment to include circuit breakers and transformers.
• Installs, maintains, repairs, and tests electrical systems, electric shop equipment and internal electrical power distribution facilities.
• Installs a wide variety of other electrical or mechanical equipment.
• Stays current with technological advances and regulations in the electrical, mechanical, and electronic fields.
• Electrical Maintenance Manager performs inspections at new facilities to assure equipment is working properly and in accordance with specifications and provides guidance to contractors on their work.
• Coordinates with utility companies to install new services or to make repairs to existing services.
• Engineer controls and instrumentation when an upgrade or modification to the process is needed to improve paper quality.
• Responsible for upgrades to software directly impacting equipment and processes.
Qualifications:Electrical Maintenance Manager Job Requirements:
• Valid Driver’s License
• College degree in a related field and five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the window and door industry desired.
• An equivalent combination of education/trade schooling, certifications, and experience may be substituted for a college degree at the discretion of management.
• One (1) to three (3) years supervisory experience is preferred for this position.
• Strong knowledge of plant/OSHA health and safety standards and compliance, and a fundamental understanding of applicable governmental regulations.
• Advanced knowledge of maintenance programs as they relate to plant and corporate KPI and Continuous Improvement activities and initiatives.
• A fundamental understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required up and down the organizational hierarchy to include other departments.
• Sound technical, leadership, teamwork, decision making, problem solving, and organizational skills required for this position.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and work effectively as a team player throughout the plant with individuals and various plant teams.
• Comprehensive knowledge of PLCs, Allen Bradley Controls, Wonderware, Rockwell Software, Studio 5000, servers and control networks.
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and ability to meet deadlines while working through interruptions.