To apply, CLICK HERE.
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s Marine & Land Systems business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Layout and route mechanical piping systems; make mock up of systems; pressure test systems, must be familiar with installation of marine and air craft type fitting; install pumps, models, valves and pressure switches.
- Job duties involve tubing identification, holes, label plate installation, drill penetration, piping and testing.
- Typical tools used in the performance of job duties include open-ended wrenches and sockets.
- May perform work from Engineering drawings, sketches, written and verbal instructions.
- May direct the work activities or tasks of other employees.
- Maintain records, forms, and logs as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- One (1) plus year of related tubing mechanic experience.
- Ability to read blueprints, shop orders, sketches, and drawings is necessary to the completion of tasks or work.
- Ability to perform shop mathematics
- Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours as needed to accomplish the task or work with little or no prior notification.
- General understanding of metric measuring system.
- Naval craft experience is a plus.
- Note: Level will be determined based on relevant experience, scope of role, skills, etc.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.