To apply, CLICK HERE.
Packaging Operator - Material Handler
Petroleum Service Corporation is looking for individuals to work as Material Handlers in an industrial chemical plant environment. PSC is the leader in the petrochemical material handling industry, is growing and looking for Material Handlers to join our team at a safety oriented chemical plant in Plaquemine, LA. These Warehouse Forklift Operators are regular full-time positions. Experience is not always required (we pay for on-the-job training) however any material handler experience is a plus. These positions work in an industrial environment and are responsible for the safe and efficient transportation and storage of product-filled storage containers throughout the chemical plant warehouse facilities. If you’re looking for a full-time, stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
Work Schedule: 12 hour rotating shifts on a 4-1-2 schedule (days/nights/weekends/holidays)
Pay Range: $16.00 / hr. - $22.50 / hr.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently operates forklift and other warehouse machinery.
- Responsible for the safe loading of product onto different containers/trailers and product securement.
- Perform a quality control role which includes: inspecting drums for damage and checking paperwork/ labels for accuracy.
- Housekeeping is a key job responsibility and requires scraping and removing spillage from the floor and surrounding equipment.
- Maintains a safe working environment at all times.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Valid TWIC and Driver's License are required
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.