To be considered for this position, please apply directly to this link: https://psc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2xkaa5olwxz/c4ai
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a Packaging / Warehouse Technician to join our team at a petrochemical plant / refinery in Baton Rouge, LA. This position works with rubber bales on an automated product packaging line and is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the bagging equipment. Experience is a plus but not required, and paid on-the-job training is available. This is a regular, full-time position with potential advancement opportunities. If you’re looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
Work Schedule: 12-hour shift-work (EOWEO 2-2-3 schedule). Rotating days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Pay Range: $13.50 / hr. - $19.50 / hr.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the packaging machines are functioning properly and takes actions to correct problems and make adjustments whenever necessary.
- Housekeeping is a key job responsibility and requires scraping and removing spillage from the floor and surrounding equipment.
- Works one or more of six separate packaging stations on the line.
- Finished product (rubber) is baled into 50–80 pound blocks, wrapped, sealed and placed into boxes.
- Boxes are stacked on pallets which are loaded onto trucks via forklift.
- Must eventually be certified to operate a forklift.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned to complete the job.
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious
- Must possess a valid TWIC card and driver's license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.