To apply, CLICK HERE.
The Corporate College Power Lineman Instructor is responsible for providing classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in a variety of jobs in the field of Power Lineman (apprentice lineman to Journeyman Lineman). Instructors are charged with preparing students wire in energized and de-energized circuits.
The duties of the Power Lineman Instructor include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to climb wood and steel structures up to 95 feet in height
- Ability to effectively train others in a classroom and field environment
- Knowledge applicable regulations applying to electrical linework such as OSHA,NCCER, and ability to research
- new/current regulations
- Ability to communicate verbally in a professional manner with colleagues, students, potential students, and
- Basic computer experience
- Maintaining office hours for student consultations.
- Preparing and providing course syllabi and instructional materials to students.
- Evaluating and reviewing students' progress in attaining goals and objectives.
- Keeping appropriate records of testing and grading, as per college standards.
- Utilizing technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, communicate with others and facilitate
- Maintaining student discipline through effective classroom management.
- Attaining, maintaining and reviewing program certification requirements, as appropriate.
- Fulfilling professional assignments in accordance with the Fletcher Technical Community College calendar and
- contractual obligations.
- Partner with Business and Industry to promote Power Lineman program.
- Qualifications Preferred: Certifications with 5 years of experience Experience Required:
- Completed a Journeyman Level Power Lineman Technician program, certificate program, or On-The-Job training program
- NCCER Core certification within the first 90 days
- OSHA Certification within the first 90 days
- High School Diploma
- Five years of experience as a Power Lineman Technician
- Qualified applicants should submit Resume, Employment Application, and Transcript(s) to:
- Fletcher Technical Community College Human Resources
1407 Highway 311 Schriever, LA 70395
Application Instructions can also be located at www.fletcher.edu under Employment.