To apply, CLICK HERE.
Practical Nursing Instructor
Practical Nursing Instructor
Appointed by the Chancellor of the College upon recommendation of the Nursing and Allied Health Coordinator and the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position will be based out of River Parishes Community College's Reserve Campus and will cover all clinical locations. The full-time instructor will have an established nursing specialty inn one or more of the following areas: medical-surgical, women's health, psychiatric-mental health, pharmacology and/or pediatric nursing.
- Instructors are to teach in the classroom and/or clinical setting.
- Correct written assignments, submit grades to course coordinator, and maintain accurate and confidential student records.
- Evaluate students according to the policies of the Allied Health program and follow established guidelines set forth in the curriculum.
- Current, unencumbered Registered Nursing licensure in the state of Louisiana; candidate must be approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN).
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the medical-surgical nursing or nursing education, with at least one of these four years as a medical-surgical staff nurse providing direct patient care.
- Effective oral and communication skills.
- Ability to interact effective and professionally with students, staff and faculty.
- Display a student-centered approach.
- Willingness to instruct in the classroom setting and reinforce all lecture lessons with hands-on experiences in the clinical setting.
- Consistently demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Physical and emotional qualifications (the incumbent may be required to use the following requirements during any part of the working day): speaking, hearing, walking, visual observation of student performance, hand/eye coordinator to perform computer applications, and consistency of temperament.
- Computer literacy – allowing for tasks such as inputting grades and providing computerized testing, as well as providing PowerPoint or use of other educational technologies to aid instruction and learning.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Desired Start Date: August 17, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 17, 2020 or until a suitable candidate is located.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, please attach a resume, cover letter, copies of official transcripts, credentials, and three professional letters of reference. ***The top applicant will be asked to provide original, official transcripts. In ZipRecruiter, it is wise to combine all of the requested materials into one document and upload it into the system.
River Parishes Community College is an open admission institution that partners with the communities and businesses of the river parishes region of Louisiana to provide workforce training, certificates, diplomas, and Associate Degrees.
Please visit our website for more information: www.rpcc.edu
River Parishes Community College is a member of the Louisiana Community & Technical College System, accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons located at 925 W. Edenborne Pkwy, Gonzales, LA 70737 have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Julian Surla - Title IX Coordinator
Shalither Cushenberry - Section 504 Coordinator