To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position Summary & Duties:The Project Procurement Manager is a 6-8 month contract position responsible for leading and executing procurement activities for a large capital project for a Specialty Chemical client in the Lafayette, LA area.
• Procurement Manager must be capable of leading and executing lead and execute purchasing activities for a large capital project. Execute capital category strategy, negotiate and implement contracts/ agreements.
• Work closely with category manager and project team on project purchase strategy development and purchase execution.
• Procurement Manager is responsible for managing the RFP process throughout the cycle. This includes working with the project team to issue the RFP with the desired scope, leading the analysis, making the selection, negotiating and issuing the contract. Managing any commercial issues during the execution
• Ensure appropriate suppliers/contractors are selected and negotiated with in the most cost-effective manner. Ensure product/service purchased and delivered is good quality and meets project schedule.
• Ensure supplier management and quality control processes are in place.
• Procurement Manager ensures effective communication, coordination and cooperation between the function and other functions. Builds relationships and develop open communications with the project team and key internal customers
• Follow global/regional purchasing policies and procedures in daily work. Ensure full compliance to Ethics, Sarbanes-Oxley 404, ISO and Corporate Standards, Values, audit rules, laws, etc.
Qualifications:Procurement Manager Job Requirements:
• Solid understanding of purchasing function, contract language & design and terms & conditions.
• Solid knowledge and skills on project purchasing. Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain a broad understanding of the marketplace for the portfolio of goods managed, as well as e-Sourcing tools and vendors.
• Procurement Manager must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to provide effective feedback and coaching, with the aptitude to influence both internally and externally with suppliers, internal customers and peers.
• Business management skills including ability to develop & implement strategy, to monitor budgets, and to manage costs and resources.
• Good understanding of computer based purchasing and inventory systems, including interfaces with other functional applications such as A/P, project and job costing, planning and forecasting.
• Be able to work under pressure. Flexibility for frequent travel required.
• Prefer candidates with carbon black or specialty chemical experience.
• University degree in Business Studies, Engineering, Chemistry, or equivalent experience.
• 5-7 years project purchasing experience, 2 years management or supervisory experience preferred.
• Chartered Professional in Purchasing or equivalent National certification.
• Candidates will be able to work remotely with weekly trips to client site in Ville Platte, LA.