To apply, CLICK HERE.
Weyerhaeuser Company is currently recruiting for an Entry Level Production Associate with potential to grow into an Operator Position for our lumber manufacturing facility located in Holden, LA. This operational role is key in safely ensuring the effective and efficient finishing of processed boards, resulting in the quality lumber that will be shipped to our customers.
- Competitive wage which starts at $15.50/hr, with potential to earn more as skills develop
- Continuing education/training opportunities
- Very competitive health benefits, which include medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Safely and effectively operates machine centers as assigned in the saw mill and planer mill at production levels.
- Monitors flow of material to and from the machine center and makes adjustments as necessary to ensure production quality and quantity standards are met.
- Coordinates the flow of production and helps where needed.
- May support maintenance team members with troubleshooting and repairs as necessary
- Identifies and helps resolve other production flow problems.
- Assists in maintaining housekeeping standards
- May flow to work at machine centers where qualified to do so
- Able to work safely and follow all company policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Good decision-making skills
- Able to conduct visual equipment inspections and support maintenance in troubleshooting/repairs
- Able to perform basic calculations
- Ability to operate machinery
- Successful completion of assessment process, background check and post-offer pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Able to work any shift, weekends, overtime, holidays as needed
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety equipment
- Able to perform all essential job functions, which includes changing saws/knives, lifting 2-20 pounds regularly, lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally, climb steps and ladders, and standing or walking for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours
- Resume detailing education and work history required
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.