To apply, CLICK HERE.
PERK UP your career by joining Reily Foods Company, a 4th generation family owned business based out of New Orleans, LA. We manufacture iconic brands including Luzianne Iced Tea, Blue Plate Mayonnaise and French Market Coffee. We turn everyday occasions into meaningful moments and been bringing family and friends together since 1902!
LET’S GET ROASTING! The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading the production team to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to safety, quality, cost, line efficiencies, waste, and productivity. This highly collaborative, hands on leader facilitates a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of production and must align the team to achieve production performance standards.
GRIND THE BEANS. The crucial step to this position’s perfection.
- Leads, trains, coaches, and develops production employees, quality assurance employees and mechanics on coffee equipment operation and production process. Ensures training and compliance with equipment safety, workplace safety, and food safety guidelines.
- Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally on projects to improve quality, streamline efficiencies and reduce operating expenses.
- Ensures quality products are being produced and all quality processes are being followed.
- Drives team production goals and efficiency to ensure all production requirements are met.
- Tracks productivity for measured shift efficiency and improvement.
- Provides timely, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to employees.
- Operates at or below the budgeted cost for production utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
- Oversees adherence to inventory control procedures to ensure inventory accuracy goals are constantly achieved.
- Accurately completes production and payroll related documentation and paperwork.
- Fosters a continuous improvement mindset, elevating new ideas (both your own and those of your employees), and executing plans to positively impact the plant operations and goals.
- Troubleshoots processing and packaging equipment making minor and major adjustments as needed.
- Follows all safety procedures and participates in safety training. Maintains safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person. Reports any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
- Supports and complies with GMP’s. Understands and follows emergency action plan.
- Supports food safety, quality and legality.
- Ensures the operation is providing food-safe, quality products which meet or exceed all product specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
BREW THE PERFECT CUP. Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business or related STEM degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of prior work experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably in the food or beverage industry.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience of a team of production employees with demonstrated experience supervising, coaching and developing the team.
- Collaborative and hands on leader with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Strong organization skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple activities and requirements.
- Ability to manage change and constantly strive for improvement.
- Excellent problem solver. Understands issues and proactively develops effective solutions to technical and personnel issues.
- ERP knowledge, MS Dynamics AX helpful.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Knowledge of GFSI audit schemes, such as BRC and SQF.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly communicate with all levels of management.
SMELL THE AROMA. Full time position with advancement opportunity. Benefits include health insurance, 401k, LTD, paid vacation and holidays! Position is located at our New Orleans Plant, 5601 Chef Menteur Hwy, New Orleans, LA 70126.
Reily Foods Company is an equal opportunity employer, Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.