To apply, CLICK HERE.
Project Engineer (HGAS)
Position Summary & Duties:The Project Engineer position is a direct-hire position working for one of our Northern Louisiana wood products clients. The position will be responsible for covering project needs at three facilities located in Northeastern Louisiana, Central Louisiana, and Southern Mississippi.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage capital projects that may include systems outside primary engineering discipline.
• Coordinating the mobilization and de-mobilization of resources including employees, consultants and all project material.
• Being a proactive construction safety leader, creating a “Safety First” culture at the building site(s).
• Supporting and implementing the safety culture and policies to implement remedies for a “no Loss” safety culture during the construction and commissioning phases.
• Overseeing risk assessment and risk mitigation measures on-site and before commencement of projects.
• Undertaking corrective and preventive measures to ensure a proper safety environment and health for the organization’s project sites.
• Coordinating plant commissioning and start-up activities with staff and start-up crew.
• Completing the tracking of project milestones, technical processes and financial deadlines; creating and maintaining the project schedule throughout the project and reviewing with Senior Management.
• Developing detailed project plans and managing all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, testing, documenting, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
• Ensuring that projects are completed within costing guidelines, using established standards for materials and labor costs.
• Ensuring that changes in requirements are communicated to the organization and incorporated into the project plan, bill of materials (BOMs) and other project documentation.
• Maintaining project documentation as per company guidelines, including documenting activities, such as service alerts and inspections, labor hours, expenses and materials used for each field site.
• Building and maintaining relationships with senior management in order to maintain a high level of feedback and recommendations.
• Evaluating and reporting performance to management, clients and stakeholders
• Building and maintaining relationships with corporate and field service employees, vendors, sub-contractors and inspectors in order to maintain a high level of service.
• Managing the raw material/tool/equipment inventories, ensuring availability to meet project inventory requirements.
• Ensuring appropriate product quality throughout the project by confirming that all products are installed modified and/or repaired at client locations within established quality assurance and service guidelines.
• Coordinating the implementation and maintenance of systems and procedures at project start-up including, but not limited to: job site trailer/office set up and master filing system; assists with the setup of project billings and the cost accounting system; creates and maintains the project directory.
• Coordinating resources for the general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications.
• Assisting with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries.
• Managing the change order process by securing pricing, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request for approval.
• Preparing purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment.
• Managing inventory control levels for all materials, supplies, consumables, and equipment.
• Allocating resources where appropriate to achieve project safety, schedule, cost, scope and quality objectives.
• Acting as one of the primary spokespersons on assigned projects to represent the company scope, schedule, financial commitments and performance to clients.
Qualifications:Project Engineer Job Requirements:
• Post-secondary education in industrial engineering or project management degree is required.
• Minimum of 5 years industrial experience is required; wood products experience preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of direct supervisory experience, preferably in field projects, construction projects or production in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrable experience managing medium to large sized capital projects.
• Familiarity with pellet plant construction and operations is beneficial.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including the ability to address employee issues such as employee development, coaching, and performance concerns (e.g. absenteeism, work quality).
• Finance or Accounting experience is an asset.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project or similar project software.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to work under minimum direction and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Valid driver’s license, passport and ability to travel frequently as needed.
• Strong math and analytical skills combined with the ability to read and understand blueprints and drawings.
• Candidates should be located in the Northern/Central Louisiana or Southern Mississippi areas.