To apply, CLICK HERE.
Project Engineer (HGAS)
Position Summary & Duties:The Project Engineer position is a 3-6 month contract position working for a specialty chemical client in the St. James, LA area.
PROJECT ENGINEER POSITION SUMMARY
The Project Engineer performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations under the supervision of a Project Manager. Project Engineer provides technical management assistance on projects. Project Engineer will assist in budgeting, manpowering, scheduling, and forecasting projects. Project Engineer will provide expert advice to management.
PROJECT ENGINEER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in the planning and implementation of projects.
• Responsible for RFI responses, research, etc.
• Project Engineer will assist in defining project scopes, goals and deliverables.
• Assemble and coordinate project staff for specific tasks.
• Manage project resource allocation for assigned tasks.
• Monitor and report on progress of assigned projects and tasks.
• Ensure project is operating within quality assurance guidelines.
• Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
• Project Engineer will assist in implementing and managing project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
• Provide direction and support to project team.
• Project Engineer will develop proposals.
• Communicate with internal and external team members to ensure both sides are aligned in project goals and expectations.
• Coordinate with external clients, subcontractors, and/or material/equipment vendors on a regular basis to fit the project’s needs.
• Manage Project Change and develop Project Change Notice estimates for client’s approval.
• Coordinate with the internal team on current and upcoming tasks to ensure schedule and budget are maintained.
• Work with a project scheduler to ensure schedules are maintained on a regular basis and provided to all project stake holders.
• Project Engineer will receive, process, and distribute vendor drawings to appropriate team member and ensure timely return to the vendor.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
Qualifications:PROJECT ENGINEER EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
o Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college.
o Minimum of five years of full-time related industrial engineering experience, preferably specialty chemical experience.
o Previous experience with commissioning, gas reforming and methanol preferred.
o Experience with RFIs and KPIs
o Prefer candidates with OSIsoft PI Historian experience
o Experience in budgeting, scheduling, tracking, monitoring, and project reporting a plus.
o Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
o Familiarity with project management practices, methods, and techniques.
o Proficient in use of MS Windows, MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
o Candidates should be from the Baton Rouge area or within reasonable daily commute.