To apply, CLICK HERE.
Project Manager (HGAS)
Position Summary & Duties:The Project Manager position is a 6-12 month contract position working for a wood products client in the Monroe, LA area.
The Project Manager works collaboratively with various areas to ensure design, operation, control and production optimization are achieved throughout the organization. The Project Manager will take projects from inception through construction. Projects will range in size from $500K - $10M. The types of projects includes cyclone builds, mixing chamber replacements, dust mitigation, etc. The Project Manager will provide consultation and expert advice to management.
• Manage Projects as directed and in accordance with Project Procedures and Standard designs, from conception and design through Construction and Commissioning.
• Assist all areas of in developing and executing engineered solutions for eliminating operational issues.
• Manage all Project Phases after approval.
• Direct project control daily activities. Develop, interpret, and execute policy, objectives, and standards applicable to cost and schedule control and analysis activities. Investigate and resolve matters of significance on behalf of management.
• Maintain communication with Project management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures that support control of the scope, schedule and budget of the project.
• Review contract drafts for adequacy of scope, schedule and budget definition and Project Controls requirements.
• Control and keep projects under budget and on time; prepare forecasts and reports on spending and physical completion to plan
• Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans
• Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors
• Develops, analyzes, decides on the full spectrum contract negotiation process from request for proposal (RFP); contract bid collection and conditioning; proposal review; bid awarding and selection and contract finalization.
• Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates
• Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements
• Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
• Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts
• Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions to senior management
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
Qualifications:Project Manager Requirements:
• Minimum of 12 years of industrial or wood products experience with project management, project controls and procurement areas. Experience with cyclone builds, mixing chamber replacements, and dust mitigation projects a plus.
• Possess a recognized degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management from an accredited college.
• Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated experience in project management, cost functions, and planning and scheduling functions. Exercises discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
• Demonstrated skills in management and supervisory functions.
• Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present information and analysis to Sr. Management.
• Demonstrated skills in identifying, analyzing, and problem solving.
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling for engineering, procurement, construction and start-up management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
• Solid project management experience with an emphasis on requirements analysis, timely deployment, budgetary consciousness and post implementation success sustainability.
• Candidates should be within daily commuting distance of Monroe, LA so per diem would not be required.