To apply, CLICK HERE.
The Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) invites applications for the position of Project Manager, Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Louisiana.
MEPOL, in partnership with SOWELA Technical Community College, is looking for individuals who desire meaningful work that directly impacts Louisiana’s manufacturing sector. This impact is intended to advance Louisiana’s prosperity, health and quality of life. Each year, MEPOL serves a number of manufacturing operations and businesses to drive outcomes that include significant sales increases, cost reductions, capital investments, and jobs created or saved.
This is an unclassified position reporting directly to the LCTCS-MEPOL Operations Director. MEPOL is part of the national, non-profit Manufacturing Extension Partnership established by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). This is a grant funded position.
This position will be domiciled at SOWELA Technical Community College in Lake Charles, Louisiana, or surrounding areas.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Project Manager - MEPOL will: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, sell, manage and deliver high-value executive coaching and mentoring, fee- based training, and implementation services primarily focused on Louisiana manufacturers with applications for the general business community.
- Deliver industry consulting services, and drive implementation engagements to achieve maximum business impact. Coach, mentor, and advise business leaders including owners, executives, plant managers, and other leaders on strategy, leadership, operations and productivity improvements.
- Analyze the needs of a manufacturer or other business, determine the areas of improvement needed, develop a plan to address the areas of improvement, estimate the potential return on investment, present the proposed plan for services to business executives, and execute the agreed plan with the business customer.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects to include delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Successfully develop and manage the relationship with the business customer, third- party consultants, state agencies, community organizations and other stakeholders.
- Create and maintain project documentation internally, electronically and through SalesForce CRM.
- Manage business customer projects and ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Provide support to the Project Director and Operations Director with communicating information about the quarterly project surveys to the business customers and ensure completion of these surveys by each business customer.
- Maintain or earn credentials and professional development as is necessary to maintain and expand the services offered through MEPOL.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and/or 3+ years of direct manufacturing experience
- Experience in continuous improvement, quality, work flow optimization, operational
- efficiency, and growth services.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Quality Management Systems, a
- Sales Management tracking system, and social media tools.
- Strong analytical abilities, written and communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage service support teams.
- Successful experience in business development and the ability to sell professional
- services to business customers.
- Ability to relate well with people of diverse backgrounds in a variety of business and
- industrial organizations.
- Capable of working effectively with both academic and business community, private and
- governmental sectors, and institutions of higher education.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Ability to learn to operate College-specific software and applications.
- Ability to work with continuous attention to detail in composing, typing and proofreading
- material. Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines while effectively managing time. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Master’s degree
- Consulting to manufacturing executives
- Classroom training experience
A valid Louisiana Driver’s License Proof of motor vehicle insurance
In accordance with LCTCS Policy #6:036, a criminal history check will be conducted on all new hires. LCTCS participates in the federal E-Verify system for identification and employment eligibility purposes.
Compensation will be commensurate with education and work experience.
Applicants for this position should submit 1) a cover letter, 2) resume and 3) the names and contact information of three work-related references to:
Human Resources Specialist
Louisiana Community and Technical College System 265 S. Foster Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
or via email to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
For more information about the Louisiana Community and Technical College System, visit www.lctcs.edu. LCTCS is in partnership with Louisiana Economic Development FastStart and Louisiana Job Connection.