To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position TitlePT Learning Management System (LMS) CoordinatorPlease Note:A passing pre-employment criminal background screen is required as a condition of employment.
Job Description Summary
Develop, provide and maintain technical resources, such as course management and videoconferencing systems, networking and webcasting, for 100% distance learning programs, as well as (face to face, distance education-hybrid and video conference). Communicate to and with faculty, staff, students and other users’ availability of, and changes to LMS, services, and applications.
• Responsible for the implementation, configuration, operation, maintenance and support for South Louisiana Community College (SLCC) learning management system (Canvas), professional development and training, and faculty/student support.
• Establish and maintain standards in order to ensure data integrity and best practices related to the learning management system and other supported instructional technologies (service-level agreements with third-party vendors (Respondus, Grammarly, SmartThinking, and other vendors).
• Serve as point person for College with the LCTCS Canvas Administrator to ensure connectivity and execution of system wide directives related to LMS.
• Facilitate the continuous improvement of course offerings by working with faculty and instructional staff to incorporate innovations in online teaching and learning into courses through professional development and training.
• Facilitate the basic course shell migration for 100% online courses.
• Promote compliance with copyright law and related issues as they pertain to instructional materials and multimedia in Online Learning.
• Ensure compliance with guidelines for the Americans with Disabilities Act as they pertain to course design and instructional materials.
• Maintain and enhance effective communication with and among online faculty and instructional staff through the use of web-based resources and the LMS.
• Provide technical support to students and faculty.
• Assist in maintaining user information in the LMS.
• Collaborate with ELearning Coordinator on course management tasks in the LMS.
• Supervise all Canvas related matters concerning SLCC online.
• Manage online learning resources, including but not limited to faculty and student orientations.
• Work with vendors of Learning Management Apps and software to address and resolve LMSissues.
• Ensure the quality, reliability and accuracy of all deliverables.
• Exercise a working knowledge of Quality Matters and any other accrediting/quality assurance body.
• Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of business services
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to moderate
• Experience working with Learning Management Systems, experience with e-learning concepts and tools and instructional design knowledge are assets that can help you acquire the job easily.
• Hands-on knowledge of authoring technologies, Intranet design tools, and multimedia applications, including Adobe Presenter, Adobe Captivate, Flash, exceptional customer service, organizational, and communication skills, along with a strong working knowledge of MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint are commonly required.
• Experience in use of e-Learning and/or EModerating.
• Flexible availability is required for this position. This position may require travel to Lafayette and other SLCC campuses to work with faculty, staff and students.
• Possess Applying Quality Matters Rubric certificate and familiarity with Quality Matters.
• Project Administration skills.
• Utilize excellent judgment and communication with others when working with sensitive data.
3 years of verifiable work experience to demonstrate the requisite capacity and preparation for this position.
Type of PositionUnclassifiedDepartmentDistance EducationSemesterFull-time or Part-time?Part TimeDegree RequiredBachelorDegree PreferredMastersSalary$17.07/hrEstimated Hours per WeekUp to 29 hrs/wk
Posting Number20-00081Open Date06/19/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions SummaryIt is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Attached transcript must show degree conferred/awarded.Quick Linkhttp://careers.solacc.edu/postings/2280