To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position Summary & Duties:The Public Assistance Project Manager will be staffed in southwest Louisiana and will provide technical assistance to the client in relation to FEMA Public Assistance regulations.
• Coordinates activities between FEMA, state, and applicant.
• Conducts site visits as necessary.
• Coordinates with FEMA and state environmental agencies for environmental issues and historic guidance.
• Provides program oversight and expert technical assistance for disaster recovery and public assistance closeout activities.
• Helps to compile, organize, and manage project applications, documentation, and inspection reports to demonstrate compliance with FEMA guidelines.
• Supervises PA Project Specialists.
• Provides consultation and expert advice to management.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field. Lesser degree may be considered with relevant work experience.
• Requires a minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience in administering grant funding and implementation at the federal, state or local levels of governments with emphasis on FEMA Public Assistance.
• Has specific knowledge of FEMA Public Assistance requirements and policies.
• Has program/grant administration strategy and development experience.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• Must demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communications skills, strong decision making ability with a high attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently with little to no supervision and be part of a diverse team.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, at times meeting unrealistic deadlines.
• Have expertise with FEMA BCA 6.0.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word) is required.
• Must be local to disaster site in southwest Louisiana or willing to relocate.
• Current FEMA badge is a plus.