To apply, CLICK HERE.
Lapeyre Stair, L.L.C. Quality Department has an opening for a Quality Assurance Specialist. Some overtime and weekend work may be required as needed.
Lapeyre Stair is part of the Laitram family of companies. Laitram, L.L.C, a global company, offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet growing company in the private sector. We offer opportunities for continuous improvement, and career advancement. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits, please visit our Careers website.
- Test welding candidates
- Accurately and consistently measures parts and assemblies throughout the production process.
- Supports Production Manager with production functions.
- Ensures quality assurance sampling plans are followed.
- Able to recognize weld quality defects.
- Able to recognize finish quality defects, especially powder coated products.
- Able to monitor production methods for opportunities to reduce the percentage of defective parts produced.
- Makes consistent and principle-based decisions on inspection data and quality standards.
- Documents and maintains all quality databases, drawings and parts libraries.
- Effectively communicates all relevant quality information through email, graphics, and personal interfaces.
- Dispositions parts placed on hold following current processes and correctly records supporting details.
- Supports quality projects as dictated by the manufacturing business plan.
- Audits processes and procedures in the operating units and supply chain as required.
- Accurately and consistently measures parts in support of new product release.
- Maintains equipment calibration and calibration logs.
- CWI certification
- 2+ years’ welding experience working in a steel manufacturing environment.
- Prior work experience in a quality controls position.
- Experience in development and implementation of corrective actions
- Ability to read and interpret liquid paint specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret construction prints and material specifications
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Positive attitude and ability work in a team environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment effectively under pressure
- Ability to work as scheduled, including overtime and weekends as required
- Must be able to perform the job responsibilities noted above, including the ability to lift 50 pounds