Apply here: https://www.gilchristconstruction.com/job_description?id=215.1
The GCC Quality Control Technician WS 1 safely works with GCC plant and project teams to test and monitor operations to ensure work activities meet and/or exceed owner quality specifications
- Works with GCC project teams, on a daily basis, to plan quality work
- The Quality Control Technician WS 1 will be certified in one area. Meets and/or exceeds project safety, quality, efficiency, and profit goals for work activities
- Works with field manager/team lead to ensure GCC has strong crew/teams and promotes and champions the company's vision to be the Leader in Safety, Quality, Innovation, and Efficiency
- Leads by example, always professional and always in line with the company's values of Fair and Ethical Success. The GCC Quality Control Tech WS 1 will be a student and a teacher
- Seeks knowledge, with a culture of continual learning, though all available resources, including industry and professional associations
- Serves as a mentor and a coach to other team members. Safely works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgment is required
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
Work Environment: Outdoor
Prolonged driving; stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 lbs.; climb up and down, carrying tools and equipment; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see (naturally or with correction). Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold). See attached Physical Requirements Inventory.
Education Guidelines: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience Guidelines: Entry level
Knowledge Guidelines: Basic reading, writing, addition, computer, and subtraction skills.