To apply, CLICK HERE.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supports operations departments ensuring that the plant is producing food-safe, high quality products which meet or exceed all product specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Verifies adherence to product & package specifications and standards.
- Calibrates and maintains equipment including weigh scales, moisture analyzers, sieve shakers, colorimeters, pH meters, to perform product testing and audit test results.
- Assists leading efforts to identify and correct any causes of non-conformance in the manufacturing processes.
- Correctly fills out required process audit forms in a timely manner and turns in paperwork to proper departments.
- Performs data entry functions for quality related tests.
- Performs HACCP checks.
- Participates in all food safety and site related training.
- Communicates any food safety and quality issues to production personnel and management.
- Supports the Quality Assurance Department in achieving and maintaining BRC certification by assisting in the development, verification and validation of BRC programs.
- Supports Plant continuous improvement initiatives to improve product safety, product quality, and quality programs.
- Performs monitoring, verification and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility Food Safety and Quality Plans.
- Follows all safety procedures and participates in safety training. Reports any injury, accident and/or unsafe condition immediately to supervisor. Maintains safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person.
- Support and comply with GMP’s. Understand and follow emergency action plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job successfully.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 1-3 years of quality experience, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of GFSI audit schemes, such as BRC and SQF.
- Experience calibrating equipment.
- Proactive, self-starter who works well with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Able to follow written instructions to ensure consistent quality monitoring processes.
- Ability to multi task, recognize priority and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in MS Office Programs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Basic math skills.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: The work environment characteristics are representative of those that may be encountered while performing the essential functions of the job. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must:
- Frequently stand, stoop, crawl or kneel.
- Regularly stand, reach with arms and be exposed to excessive noise.
- Occasionally sit, walk, climb or balance and lift up to 50 pounds.
The noise level encountered in the work environment is usually loud.