To be considered for this position, please apply directly to this link: https://psc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2xkaa5olwxz/c4ai
Are you seeking to be a part of a team-oriented company that provides quality training and values safety first? Petroleum Service Corporation is currently seeking a full-time Rail Loader - Switchman that will have the opportunity to grow within the site and build a long-term, stable career in an industrial chemical plant. If you're looking for a company that appreciates and recognizes that employees are our #1 asset, then consider joining the PSC family today!
Work Schedule: 12-hour shift-work schedule (EOWEO 2-2-3). Rotating days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Pay Range: $17.00 / hr. - $19.00 / hr.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cleans and visually inspects the railcar before transfer to ensure that it is mechanically sound
- Connects or disconnects loading arm hose for transfer of product
- Inspects for any leaks, weighs railcars and completes required paperwork
- Examines track list in order to determine which railcars are to be spotted, separated, loaded, and/or shipped
- Operates trackmobile to safely move railcars in and around the plant
- Prepare and build outbound railcars for shipment
- Wears all protective equipment as required
- Communicates with site leader and completes any other duties as assigned
- Must possess a valid driver's license and TWIC card.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English.
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk 3-10 miles per day
- Stand 4-8 hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Support oneself on a ladder with two feet and one arm extended for up to five minutes
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.