To be considered for this position, please apply directly to this link: https://psc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2xkaa5olwxz/c4ai
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a Rail Switch Operator to join our team at one of the largest U.S. petrochemical plants located in Plaquemine, LA. This position is responsible for working with the engineer on the train to safely move railcars in, out and around the facility. Experience is a plus but not required, and paid on-the-job training is available. This is a regular full-time position with potential advancement opportunities. If you’re looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
Work Schedule: 12-hour rotating shifts on a 2-2-3 schedule (days/nights/weekends/holidays)
Pay Range: $20.00 / hr. - $23.00 / hr.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examines track list to determine which railcars are to be spotted, loaded, and/or shipped
- Proceeds to the designated track(s) to separate railcars to be shipped/loaded and ensures that there is proper track space available for inbound railcars
- Separates inbound railcars and spots the railcar for loading/discharge
- Ensures that all railcars, which have been spotted, are properly secured by means of setting the brake
- Pulls and separates loaded railcars that will be shipped from those that have been preloaded
- Checks outbound railcars to ensure that all railcars are properly connected
- Weighs all inbound and outbound loads and empties
- Ensures that DOT certification for weight on outbound loads is not exceeded
- Any other duties that may be assigned to complete the assigned task
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times
- Must possess a valid TWIC card and driver's license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk 3-10 miles per day
- Stand 4-8 hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Support oneself on a ladder with two feet and one arm extended for up to one minute on each arm
- Extend arms through normal range of motion, in both a horizontal and vertical plane,while standing and squatting