To be considered for this position, please Apply Directly:
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a Railcar Loader to join our team at a petrochemical plant in Plaquemine, LA. This position will be responsible for the safe and efficient loading of railcars or hopper cars with plastic pellets.
Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
Experience is a plus but not required, and paid on-the-job training is available. This is a full-time position with potential advancement opportunities.
Work Schedule: 12 hour rotating shifts (days/nights/weekends/holidays)
Pay Range: $16.50 / hr. - $20.50 / hr.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that railcar is positioned and secured properly at the loading rack and checks for last product contained.
- Visually inspects the railcar or hopper car before transfer to ensure that it is mechanically sound and has no defective equipment.
- Wears all protective clothing and equipment, including respirator and fresh air equipment that may be required to transfer the product in a manner that ensures maximum personal safety.
- Connects loading equipment and transfers according to procedures using gauges and/or strapping tables.
- Checks weight before and after product transfer and ensures that outages or innages do not exceed Department of Transportation (DOT) certification for the particular vessel being loaded.
- Communicates with site leader / supervisor on any problems as they occur.
- Disconnects loading equipment, inspect for any leaks and complete required paperwork prior to releasing the railcar or hopper car.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned to complete the job.
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times
- Must possess a valid TWIC card and driver's license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk 3-10 miles per day
- Stand 4-8 hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Support oneself on a ladder with two feet and one arm extended for up to one minute on each arm
- Extend arms through normal range of motion, in both a horizontal and vertical plane,while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.