To apply, CLICK HERE.
Railcar Repair Technician
Baton Rouge, LA
Are you seeking to be a part of a team-oriented company that provides quality training and values safety first? Petroleum Service Corporation is currently seeking full-time Railcar Repair Technicians that will have the opportunity to grow within the site and build a long-term, stable career in an industrial chemical plant. If you're looking for a company that appreciates and recognizes that employees are our #1 asset, then consider joining the PSC family today!
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM. Must be flexible to work overtime, nights, and weekends if needed.
Pay Range: N/A
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret job work orders to perform required repairs
- Coordinate and complete railcar repairs in an efficient manner and within assigned hours
- Notify supervisor of any materials and/or equipment required to ensure completion of job tasks
- Interact with crew members in a team environment, as well as with supervisor
- Follow all safety rules, keep work area clean and comply with all ARS Environmental Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure AAR, ARS and customer quality assurance standards are met
- Any other duties as assigned such special projects
Job Qualifications / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to work safely around heavy equipment and on top of and under railcars, as well as around railroad tracks.
- Knowledge of machines and tools required to weld, cut and gouge
- Perform / prioritize multiple tasks with attention to details.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions including basic blue prints and schematics.
- Valid drivers license required
- Valid TWIC card required
- Basic mechanical skills and the ability to read a tape measure
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Ability to speak, read, write English at a high school level
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.