To be considered for this position, please Apply Directly:
Railcar Wash Technician
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a motivated and ambitious Railcar Wash Technician to join our team at one of the largest petrochemical plants located in Hahnville, LA. The primary responsibility of a Railcar Prep Operator is to safely clean and inspect railcars.
Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
Experience is a plus but not required, and paid on-the-job training is available. This is a full-time position with potential advancement opportunities.
Work Schedule: 12-hour day shift on a 2-2-3 schedule
Pay Range: $17.00 / hr. - $21.00 / hr.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- When required, wears fall protection harness in completion of certain railcar washing duties.
- Inspects railcars prior to and upon completion of washing to ensure all applicable standards per the documented checklist are satisfied.
- Opens manway covers and visually identifies residual product in railcars.
- Installs automated wash heads and lower heads into railcar to rinse residual product from railcars.
- Applies plugs, closes manway covers, replaces manway cover gaskets and apply quality seals to all openings.
- Completes certificate documentation of railcars washed or rejected on railcar wash report.
- Keeps area clean, performs daily housekeeping of wash rack and trailer. Sweeps, mops, and dumps trash cans.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- One or more years of experience in a chemical plant, industrial or manufacturing work environment is a plus, but not required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess a valid TWIC Card
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.