To apply, CLICK HERE.
Weyerhaeuser is offering an internship to students in Raw Material Procurement located in Dodson, LA.
This program is designed to give students a valuable learning experience, including exposure to the varied components of raw materials procurement and management. You will work with a custom summer intern plan in line with your interests and mill needs as well as a personal sponsor. You will also be given ample feedback on your performance while having the opportunity to give feedback on ways to enhance the program. Weyerhaeuser offers interns a competitive compensation package.
Students will receive:
- An individualized work plan and clear expectations for the length of the internship
- An opportunity for exposure to a broad base of professional raw material and forestry experiences
- Feedback on their performance
- A Weyerhaeuser sponsor to help integrate into the business unit as well as to acclimate to the community
- Competitive compensation and living stipend
- An opportunity to provide feedback to help improve their own internship program
- The opportunity to return to the same or different Weyerhaeuser location as an intern next year
- Assessment for a full-time position upon graduation
Successful candidates will also have:
- High initiative (self-motivated)
- High integrity
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity in problem solving
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects
- Good time-management abilities
- Effective speaking and listening skills
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to work safely
- Enrolled in Forestry program or related program at an accredited college or university
- Must have completed your sophomore year by the start of the internship
- Demonstrate strong academic achievement
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to work in the woods and to accept an assignment in a rural area
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.