To apply, CLICK HERE.
At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. We've been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion, which has awarded us being named as one of the World's most Ethical Companies over 10 times.
The Regional Marketing Manager is part of Weyerhaeuser’s Southern Timberlands Business and reports to the Director of Marketing. As a member of the Mississippi/Alabama and Mississippi/Louisiana Region Lead Teams, the Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for leading a team of Area Marketing Managers within the region. To stay connected with the market and our extensive customer base, travel of up to 40-50% is required. The role is currently located in Hattiesburg, MS, but consideration will be given to locate at the regional headquarters in Meridian or one of our Gulf South area offices.
The Region Marketing Manager is the leader for timber marketing activities in the Atlantic South Region. The successful candidate will:
- Lead a team of 5 Marketing Managers and will be responsible for the development and execution of our regional marketing strategy
- Align Weyerhaeuser’s land base, supply chain, and unique timber offering with customer-specific needs and value propositions
- Manage a regional portfolio of customer & contract types (existing and potential)
- Build long-term customer relationships & strategies reflective of current and future market needs
- Monitor customer commitments and champion industry leading fulfillment
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Forestry, Marketing, or Business-related field with minimum of 8 years applicable work experience OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Proven collaborator, with active listening and conflict resolution skills
- Expert negotiator with a track record in successfully negotiation outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, with comfort in delivering high-impact presentations and public speaking
- Exceptional analytical skills with a solution-oriented mindset
- Strong computer skills and the eagerness to learn and use new technology
- Experience in timber procurement, harvesting and/or marketing
- Knowledge of current timber market dynamics including units of measure, product types, log specifications, prices, supply, and demand
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.