Grass Master is looking to hire a Sales Manager to join our team!
We are excited to announce we have a Sales Manager position open due to growth in several major market areas including Baton Rouge, Tangipahoa, and St Tammany Parishes. The ideal candidate will be responsible for building, developing, leading and motivating a strong performing sales team. This individual must have proven track record of building a territory and team from the ground up.
The sales manager is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities to boost sales volume and maximize profits keeping true to the Grass Master Customer Excellence Commitment.
Ultimately, the successful sales manager MUST be able to bring out the maximum potential of the sales team and empower them to maximize their income potential.
Duties and responsibilities of a Sales Manager consist of, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with the CEO in the development of productive sales system to include processes, procedures, technology, accountability and metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Assist in the creation of budgets, develops sales plans and forecast reporting to meet unit sales quotas and its gross objectives on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis. S/He ensures effective control of sales results to be certain that the achievement of sales objectives are within designated budgets.
- Assists in the development and execution of marketing programs (door-to-door, direct mail, inside, outside) to ensure the profit growth and expansion of Grass Master’s services. Shares local market knowledge and customer experiences with other Grass Master departments and management.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from prospecting, referrals, community activities, trade shows and business seminars, and other resources.
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Assists the salesperson in moving the prospect down the sales funnel and closing sales as needed.
- Works to resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service. Analyzes and distributes new sale cancellation requests in an attempt to retain customers.
- Plans and conducts on-going training for sales personnel in customer service skills, selling technique and safety policies and procedures.
- Understand and utilizes Key Performance Indicators for sales performance tracking.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow. Tracks hourly, daily, weekly, sales efficiencies of each salesperson.
- Develops, implements and maintains performance standards, measurements, and corrective devices through which approved plans and goals are accomplished within the sales organization.
- Ensures recruiting, interviewing and staffing of personnel are conducted to efficiently staff the sales function. Evaluates staff performance, makes salary recommendations and administers disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
- Develop sales strategies to acquire new customers or clients.
- Track sales team metrics and share them with company leadership.
- Analyze sales data on sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps
- Unite the team: Ensure reps work as a positive unit and share their best practices.
- Set a good example for the team. Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use good communication, and deliver results effectively.
- Monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field experience
- Three years or more of Sales Management experience, 10 years or more of outside sales experience; Industrial sales experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills and understanding of spreadsheet software.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- High achieving, ambitious, and results-oriented
- Experience utilizing Key Performance Indicators for sales performance tracking.
- Innovative, generating original solutions and lots of ideas
- Demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding goals as an individual contributor.
Successful experience building a territory from little or nothing
Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business requirements of senior decision makers
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies.
- Experience in customer relationship management.
- Experience managing and directing a sales team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record.
- Must be willing to drive at least 50% of the time.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats, including sales presentations.
Base compensation: $40,000 annually with a highly competitive commission/incentive structure with no cap. High earning potential. Also, eligible for health/dental/vision benefits, voluntary life, disability, accident policy, holidays, vacation and more.
Grass Master is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
EEO is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm