Providence, an engineering, environmental and disaster recovery consulting firm, is seeking a mid-level experienced sales representative to add to our energetic sales team. This sales representative will serve as the principal point of contact between Providence and its clients - identifying and soliciting new customer leads and markets. This representative will sell engineering and environmental services to potential clients, vendors, and stakeholders in both the private and industrial markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete weekly call reports that include any and all sales activities
- Maintain all relevant sales information for your sales portfolio in the to-be-developed Providence CRM system
- Maintain an accurate 30, 60, 90-day sales funnel at all times
- Work with Doer/sellers and/or technical staff for efficient customer service and development
- Responsible for all sales activities within a geographic region this include the maintenance, creation, and development of all clients and markets in that area
- Positively promote the Providence brand and its reputation
- Lead, participate, and share ownership of client development efforts that will develop new clients and enhance current client relationships to grow engineering and environmental services lines
- Track leads and potential business opportunities in advance of advertisement/public announcements and provide a meaningful strategy to give Providence the competitive, winning edge
- Secure working knowledge of Providence's business lines to efficiently and effectively generate leads and opportunities
- Frequent travel is expected
Applicants must be able to perform each of the above essential duties satisfactorily for success. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of successful sales team experience, that includes consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets and metrics.
- 3+ years of industrial sales, engineering, environmental consulting and/or disaster recovery business development experience preferred
- Governmental contracts and project experience a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly of the Providence brand at all levels of the organization and with potential clients and stakeholder
- Proven ability to drive, execute, and follow an industry-standard sales process
- Strong business sense and ability to understand or quickly grasp the consulting industry's terms, practices, and services.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people skills
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational, planning and coordination skills for the 100+ employee-owned firm.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Technical Skills - strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others.
Professionalism - tactfully approaches others; performs well under pressure; respectful and considerate of team members regardless of status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Attendance/Punctuality - ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Dependability - commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies supervisor with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; asks for and offers assistance when needed; willing to do whatever it takes to successfully complete task or project.
Team Player enjoys participating and being part of the Providence team.
About Providence: The name Providence, by definition, means "making provisions for the future". Our name highlights the emphasis we place on the future and the roads that will take us there. We aim to provide for our clients long into the future, and accordingly, we maintain their best interests as our focus. Providence's professionals value the relationships we develop with our clients and we think the results of our passion are evident in every deliverable we produce.
We offer competitive salaries plus bonuses and excellent benefits including Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), health and dental plans, flexible schedules, tuition reimbursement program, and 401(K) with discretionary profit-sharing contributions.
Contact: If you are interested in pursuing a career with Providence please complete our online application at - http://providenceeng.applicantpro.com/jobs/
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in the described position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all position duties and skills required of the individual classified in this position.