To be considered for this position, please Apply Directly:
Baton Rouge, LA
Petroleum Service Corporation has an exciting new growth opportunity located in our corporate office in Baton Rouge, LA. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual seeking an accounting role in a family-oriented company that is growing tremendously and backed by a private equity. The Senior Accountant is responsible for accounting, general ledger support, and financial statement preparation and analysis. Must have a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting and 5 - 7 years of progressive accounting experience specifically in month end close, financial statement preparation, and analysis. (CPA or candidate is a plus.)
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (some flexibility with hours)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accounting, general ledger support, consolidation and financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Prepare month-end general ledger close which includes preparing adjusting journal entries.
- Perform consolidation accounting including accounting for the impact of foreign exchange rates and elimination of intercompany balances and investment in subsidiaries
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts and research differences.
- Analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy of records.
- Assist in the preparation, consolidation and distribution of financial statements and presentations for management and board of directors
- Analyze financial statements for trends and variances against prior periods, budgets, and forecasts and report findings to management.
- Assist Manager with external audits.
- Perform Treasury management activities in USD and various foreign currencies.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Remain current in accounting principles to ensure continuous improvement of procedures for optimal departmental performance and accuracy.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Accounting
- 5 - 7 years of progressive accounting experience specifically in month end close, financial statement preparation, and analysis.
- Mix of public accounting and industry experience preferred, but not required.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Experience in NetSuite a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel,Outlook, Word, and Powerpoint)
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to establish goals, priorities, and expectations to obtain optimal performance
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resource information
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
Why join the PSC team?
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation’s economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.