Apply to: https://jobs.coxenterprises.com/job/11252763/senior-financial-analyst-atlanta-ga/
Job Number: 202000196
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
Seasoned contributor with deep understanding of financial analysis and business case creation. Responsible for large, complex projects supporting the Operations team (Field Ops, Customer Care and Operations Process Management). Independently performs assignments with limited instructions. Determines and develops approach to assignments and solutions. Receives guidance only on unusual or highly complex problems. Expected to review and present reports/business cases with executive leadership.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Performs modeling – Conceptualizes, prepares and presents advanced economic models, analyses and recommendations.
- Provide financial and operational consultative services through collaborative partnerships – Recommends and facilitates changes; analyzes and reviews data and resolves questions and/or problems.
- Performs financials analysis – Develops financial and operational analyses and identifies emerging trends. May include cost analysis, financial and expense performance comparisons, calculations of rate of return and cash flows. Additional ad-hoc analysis based on customer need.
- Performs data analysis – Gathers and compiles data used for identifying complex business trends/dynamic and provides recommendations. Develop construct to access and manipulate data from company data systems and sources.
- Performs reporting – Develops and modifies financial reports and statements. Creates advanced visualizations of extracted data.
- Monitor and optimize business processes – Provides and reviews data to ensure both compliance and effectiveness of complex operational and financial processes, identifying anomalies and making recommendations.
- Project Management – Facilitate partnership, coordinates stakeholder communication, and completes assignments to support project objectives.
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field (Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Advanced financial modeling and data analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other financial tools etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Strong Communication
- Proficient Project Management
- Build and present PPT presentation
- Fully understands functional area supporting
- Influencing others without authority
- Business Case experience strong preferred
- BS/BA in related discipline (Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.).
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Tableau experience
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 202000196