Apply to: https://jobs.coxenterprises.com/job/11561092/senior-ip-backbone-engineer-atlanta-ga/
Job Number: 206896
Cox Communications is searching for a Senior IP Backbone Engineer for the Cox National IP Backbone network. This position will act as SME for the IP Backbone Network to ensure timely technical root cause analysis/resolution for Tier 3 escalations from Service Assurance along with operational readiness of new Backbone deployments and implementation. You will work within the areas of Pro-active network health and reliability, NOC enablement, Operational Readiness of Engineering Projects, and technical root cause analysis/resolution. In addition, you will use Automation/DevOps to improve both the efficiently and accuracy of how Cox manages and monitors its network. This will include but not limited to the automation of both troubleshooting and maintenance procedures . Looking for candidates who are self-motivated and driven as this position is afforded a great deal of autonomy to perform their daily duties as they see fit.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Perform duties as Tier 3 Escalation Engineer for the Cox IP Backbone which will require strong troubleshooting and technical root cause analysis/resolution management skills of highly complex network issues.
• Pro-active Network Analysis to drive Network reliability and improvements on how Cox manages network health.
• Act as Technical lead on Backbone projects in order to drive operational readiness of new deployments in coordination with both Design and Implementation Engineering.
• Partner with network vendors to understand and exceed network SLAs by driving operational efficiencies along with better visibility into the state of the network.
• Core IP routing technologies & vendors, specifically Cisco and Juniper; IP Routing Protocols: OSPF, ISIS, BGP; Multi-Protocol Technologies: MPLS, LDP, RSVP, RSVP-TE; multicast Technologies: (IGMP, PIM, MVPN); IP Protocols: TCP, UDP, BFD, IPv4 and IPv6 subnetting; Ethernet Technologies: VLANs, 802.1Q (VLAN tagging), 802.1P (layer 2 QoS), VRRP, HSRP; QoS Capabilities: classification, marking, queuing, policing.
• 5+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Engineering.). 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree (MS/MBA or above).• 3+ years troubleshooting and diagnostics.
• 1+ year experience leading projects to enhance operational readiness and Network reliability
• Extensive Working knowledge of IP networks.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
• Excellent collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• BS/BA degree in related discipline (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree). Certifications: CCNP/CCDP, JNCIS/JNCIP
• Knowledge of Python, Ansible, Scripting, DevOps, Git, Linux, Elastic Stack ( ELK )
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 206896