To apply, CLICK HERE.
Weyerhaeuser Company in Dodson, LA is hiring for a Shipping Utility. The wage is $15.47 per hour. We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, motivated to work, and works as a team member. This position is an entry level, day shift position that has the potential for the right individual to move to other positions within the mill.
The Shipping Utility role is responsible for prepping customer shipments to be transported via railcar or truck. In addition to getting material ready for delivery, the utility will also perform housekeeping duties, weekly bin counts, administrative tasks in the shipping office, and cross-training to fill in for operator absences. Shipping utilities will rotate between the office and outside tasks weekly.
Dodson Lumber is a stand-alone sawmill with a total of 260,000 square feet under roof situated on 120 acres of land. We produce lumber for residential construction and chips for local paper facilities. During a typical year, approximately 200 million board feet of Southern Pine lumber are produced at Dodson. Our Dodson site is a union-free facility that employs approximately 160 employees. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package, including comprehensive health & welfare (medical, dental, vision), 401(k), paid vacation and holidays.
- Commitment to working safe and following all safety rules and regulations.
- Able to interpret work instructions and complete tasks as delegated.
- Prep customer shipments to be transported via railcar or truck.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communication with carriers, sales teams, drivers, etc.
- Perform housekeeping duties which includes keeping the work area neat and orderly.
- Cross-train in production roles and be able to fill in when short-handed on days or nights.
- Actively participate in the team-based work environment with a positive attitude, good communication skills, and respectable work ethic.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 6 months employment experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment OR equivalent technical training.
- Able to work safely around moving manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Able to work overtime, holidays, as well as night shift and some weekends.
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety protective equipment.
- Able to perform labor intensive work and essential job functions of the position, which may include climbing stairs, navigating catwalks, lifting up to 50 lbs. and bending, work from heights, and stand or walk for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours.
- Able to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Able to complete forklift training.
- Able to efficiently operate a computer.
- Resume detailing education and work history is required for consideration.
- Basic Mathematical Skills - properly read, count, and identify labels and numbers
- Customer Service - provide clear, professional communication in person, over the phone, and via email
- Time Management - efficient use of time, enter time daily
- Software - Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; SAP - (willing to learn)
- Organization, Attention to Detail, Time Management, Logic and Reasoning
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.