Grass Master is looking to hire a Specialty Maintenance Area Manager to join our team in Ponchatoula, LA!
The Specialty Maintenance Services Manager is a leadership position responsible for the specialized care of our commercial properties by planning, directing, and coordinating: Irrigation maintenance, Horticulture maintenance, bush hogging, etc. This individual will have a minimum of 2 years landscape/green industry experience.
Duties and responsibilities consist of but are not limited to:
- Full scope management of WAM crews (wide area mowing), maintenance of different terrain wide areas, overseeing equipment maintenance and needs, and all expectations of WAM clients for a given territory.
- Clearly communicate the branch’s annual and long-term goals to those supervised, motivate them in an acceptable fashion to “exceed our expectations”, and monitor progress towards these objectives through timely formal reviews and regular informal evaluations.
- Maintain a constant recruiting effort to address personnel needs.
- Develop a clear understanding of the hourly and costs budgets for each of your jobs. Monitor by reviewing job costs regularly and acting as needed. Communicate job cost information to field managers on a regular basis to control hours and costs.
- Monitor the quality of our service through bi-weekly jobsite visits. Evaluate site performance by completing one field report/inspection report per month.
- Participate in branch meetings and assist the Production Manager lining out the outlook and projection reports.
- Hold employees accountable for their actions, and ensure they are representing Grass Master in a professional and respectful way.
- Plan and schedule field operations including, irrigation maintenance checks, turf maintenance for WAM crews, and the seasonal changes of mulch and annuals.
- Minimum of 2 years landscape/green industry experience.
- Demonstrate ability and two years of experience managing other on the product level, including recruiting and hiring, performance evaluation, and training and development.
- Knowledge of all associated machinery and trucks involved in a landscape management branch.
- Experienced with, and basic knowledge of, computer operation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 3 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within and organization.
Valid driver’s license required (Class D preferred)
Competitive Pay, health/dental/vision benefits, voluntary life, disability, accident policy, holidays, vacation and more.
Grass Master is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
EEO is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm