To apply, CLICK HERE.
Position Summary & Duties:The Sports Complex Director is a direct-hire position working for a client in Northern Louisiana.
The Sports Complex Director will manage, operate and maintain a year-round, world class sports facility located on 185 acres that include 36 baseball/softball fields, 9 tennis courts, and 3 soccer/football fields. This is accomplished by hiring, supervising and coordinating staff; planning, managing and marketing programs, events and facilities; preparing and monitoring budgets and interacting with department heads, other agencies, visitors and citizens. This position requires a flexible work schedule.
Sports Complex Director Responsibilities:
• This position performs supervisory and recreational work planning, organizing and directing a variety of outdoor athletic events and team sports.
• Work involves coordinating and monitoring sports programs in a fun and safe environment.
• Position is responsible for all advertising, obtaining sponsors, staffing and managing of sporting events and programs under their charge.
• Responsible for growing and improving all recreational programs and developing and launching new programs.
• Position will also play an integral role in tracking participants, teams, hotel nights, restaurant and shopping impacts of sports tourism generated by the Sports Complex.
• Position will assist in promoting the Sports Complex and drawing new tournaments and other sports tourism opportunities to the Parish area.
Qualifications:Sports Complex Director Qualifications:
• Requires minimum of Associate Degree in Recreation; preference will be given to those holding a Bachelor’s Degree in recreation, sports management or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing and supervising sports programs.
• Prefer candidates with CPRP certification.
• Must have or be able to obtain a valid Louisiana driver’s license.
• The successful candidate must be a mature and highly capable individual and must demonstrate superb skills in team leadership and motivation.
• Must have excellent communication (both verbal and written), customer service, organization and project management skills.
• This position requires a dynamic, resourceful, reliable, highly motivated self-starter who is pro-active, able to develop new protocols and procedures and respond to unexpected challenges, oftentimes with limited outside guidance.
• The successful Sports Complex Director candidate will maintain a keen awareness of the professional environment and ensure that all staff and volunteers feel they are working in a fair, respectful and supportive manner by their colleagues and management.
• In order to succeed, the successful Sports Complex Director candidate is expected to fully engage with the local community as well as assume a personal sense of ownership and pride in the Sports Complex and all parks & recreation programs.
• The Sports Complex Director will be required to work both regular and irregular work hours to include frequent weekends, nights and holidays depending on the needs of the Sports Complex.