To apply, CLICK HERE.
Job Title: Sr Test Flight Electrician
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Support test and trials conduct activities responding to Test Conductor/Craft Operator direction
• Support test troubleshooting activities
• Support test maintenance activities
• Working understanding of PLCs, digital electronics, AC/DC circuits, solid state motor controllers, Electronic communications
• Work on live panels and circuits DC/AC up to 450 VAC/ 660 VDC
• Troubleshoot and solve routine electrical problems as needed
• Perform job duties with Electrical test Equipment EX: (meggers, multimeters, amp clamps, Altek, Network testers, decade box, Fluke pressure transmitters, O-scope)
• Knowledge of NAVSEA/MIL spec
• Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and/or soldering irons
• Assemble components such as switches, electrical controls and junction boxes
• Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems on vessel, using hand tools, power tools, and/or soldering irons
• Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, and voltmeters
• Knowledge of electronic control systems function/ maintenance
• Preflight the craft before sea trial (underway)
• Become knowledgeable in craft on-ramp and underway operations
• Fulfill deck hand duties on craft while underway, as required
• Conduct a post mission inspection on the craft after the overwater run
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management
• High school diploma or GED certificate
• Formal craft training and five (5) plus years of related experience, preferably in marine vessel/ aircraft testing
• Must complete 100 hours of electrical flight deck training to be able to perform pre-mission, post mission and sea trail (underway) responsibilities and maintenance. Only confident employees will perform these duties with supervisor’s and operator’s approval
• Ability to read blueprints, shop orders, sketches, engineering change orders, test procedures and tech manuals
• Ability to work from detailed work documents or technical manual
• Ability to set system configurations according to test procedures
• Interface with Navy personnel, Supship, and vendors
• Must be able to work in the elements (i.e. heat, cold, rain and snow)
• Willingness and flexibility to work extended hours as needed to complete test procedures with little or no prior notification.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.